Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? for Facebook
Sample location clues by Chris Dahlen
Can you identify the cities where Carmen’s henchmen are hiding? Try these clues. Answer key at the bottom!
- Did you know she's an amateur birder? You might find her in the Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park, searching for a Slender-billed Scimitar-babbler.
- I asked her who's buried in Marshal Le Van Duyet's tomb. It's a trick question, of course. The answer is Le Van Duyet, and his wife.
- I'll bet he's at the Aloha Tower, but I don't know if he's coming or going.
- You're going to what was once a gold boom town. In fact, this is where I penned my near-hit, "She Got the Goldmine, I Got the Shaft 14."
- She's not the type to gather moss, but she told me she might try to sneak some out of the Saiho-ji Moss Garden.
- Before he left, I warned him to watch out for the monkey-eating eagle.
- He was so busy, he couldn’t visit the shrine to Huizilopochtli. Well, is that such a big sacrifice?
- Here, I'll show you on this map. Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, he probably walked into … this one.
- The city she went to was the capital of the country—for a measly 74 years. Back then it probably took 74 years just to get the letter saying, "Hey, guess what. You're not the capital anymore."
- She called in a sighting by Elvis Lives Lane.
- Head down the road from the place where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, who slid, climbed, and swallowed mountains, known as landeater, played his flute to his loved one. Then turn left.
- She told me she spent all day looking for the Left Bank, and then she realized she was facing the wrong way.
- Compound clue:
A. Oh yeah, I know her type. Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue. Model citizen, zero discipline.
B. Yeah, I know where she went. That town rocks! Remember that sick show they had outside the Vatican Embassy?
- Maybe this was a cover story, but she told me she was going to enroll in Elf School.
- He told me he wanted to make a grab for Michelangelo's Pietà, but it was protected by an invisible force field. I told him that was glass.
- She was super-excited to speak with Kosik the talking elephant—and devastated when she realized they don't speak the same language.
- She has her eye on the golden pistol of Pockmarked Huang.
- He wouldn't stop singing "So Long, Farewell" again and again. Finally I told him, "Shut your Trapps!"
- I suggested she get a room at the Hotel Ukraina. The rumors of a hidden missile silo under the hotel have, so far, proven false.
- Your suspect told me the city's new motto should be, “Why settle for lessakesh?”
ANSWERS: 1. Kathmandu 2. Ho Chi Minh City 3. Honolulu 4. Johannesburg 5. Kyoto 6. Manila 7. Mexico City 8. Casablanca 9. Nara 10. Ottawa 11. Wellington 12. Paris 13. Panama City 14. Reykjavik 15. Rome 16. Seoul 17. Shanghai 18. Salzburg 19. Moscow 20. Marrakesh